5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Ignore Low Back Pain
Low Back Pain is one of the leading causes for pain and discomfort, world wide. In the Unites States, 31 million people suffer from low back pain at any given time. The causes of low back pain in Friendswood or LBP can range from stress to more serious conditions.
According to the American Chiropractic Association:
- Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, out numbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Experts estimate that as much as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives.
- Most cases of back pain are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
The most common cause for LBP include:
- Poor Posture
- Bulging or Herniated Disc
- Degenerated Disc
However, it may also mimic other conditions such as:
- Menstral Pain with or without Endometriosis
- Kidney Disease or Stones
- Some Cancers
- Severe Constipation or Impaction
- Autoimmune Disease
Approximately two-thirds of the American population experience LBP but never seek treatment for it, according to the American Physical Therapy Association. However, did you know that LBP is one of the top 3 reasons why most people seek Chiropractic treatments?
Determining the cause of LBP is typically an easy process that may or may not require additional medical studies, such as x-rays. Unfortunately, some treatments for LBP, such as medication management of pain, is often prescribed for the symptoms and seldom address the root of the problem.
"A study that looked into prescribed medications vs spinal manipulation found that 56% of patients who saw a doctor saw a 30% reduction in low back pain after 4 weeks. But 94% of patients who underwent chiropractic treatment saw a 30% reduction in low back pain after 4 weeks." thegoodbody.com.
If you're currently suffering from Low Back Pain, don't live in pain. Simple treatments such as stretching, strengthening exercises, and simple chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate or even correct the source of your low back pain.
At Forever Well, we are dedicated to defining the source of the issue, regardless the complaint. Dr. Haywood will expertly examine individual histories to ensure proper treatment for not only relief but maintenance and preventative care. Don't wait until pain becomes unbearable. Schedule a consultation and see if Chiropractic is right for you.